Sen. Chuck Hagel was on The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer today and had a few interesting things to say.
Hagel called Dick Cheney out on his" last throes" assessment of the Iraqi insurgency.
"I don't think there's panic, I don't think there's cynicism. cynicism. I think there's this steady unsure sense about where is this all leading -- the constant daily reports on Iraq, our people being killed there, the money being spent there," he added...read on
Atrios: Though, as is general the case when the moderates and mavericks stick their heads up for a bit he'll probably not take any constructive steps."
Emailer Jillian: "Hagel said that the compassionate thing for Bush to have done was to invite Cindy Sheehan into the Ranch. It should have been done immediately."
As many right wingers have been doing, Hagel did not paint Cindy as being a puppet of interest groups and actually talked about other families that are protesting that have lost loved ones. Cindy has to leave Crawford because her mom had a stroke.
Cindy also spoke out today against Matt (The Eggman) Drude: Memo to Drudge, et al: It's Not About Me, It's About the War
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing