C&L joins George Clooney for " Good night, and Good luck."
The Media Bloggers Association hooked me up to go to the screening of the movie "Good night, and Good luck." I invited Jane of Fire Dog Lake. (Check out her thoughts on the evening.) It was great to get out since I've been injured and to watch this movie was a treat. George Clooney was very gracious after the show and I did my best to get in a few questions.I'm going to host some video from the movie soon and hopefully do a few interviews as well. Here's my review of the movie: (many thanks to David from David E's Fablog for proof reading)
Set almost entirely in the smoke filled studios of CBS, Good Night, and Good Luck is a brilliant movie that grabs you the moment actor David Strathairn makes his entrance as legendary telejournalist Edward R. Murrow . George Clooney directed this ode to Morrow and his battle to expose the illegality of the communist witch-hunts instigated on the American people by the junior Senator from Wisconsin, Joseph McCarthy. Not only did Murrow scuffle with the Senator, but also his boss, CBS news, and the corporate sponsors to push this story forward.
"Best Performance by the Deceased"?
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing