Will this be a trend as the '06 election approaches? Dana (convicts can pick fruit) joined Wolf Blitzer, and explained why he refused to meet with the President in California yesterday.
Download -WMP Download -QT
Blitzer: President Bush talked up immigration once again today in California, and the Republican Congressman from that district was conspicuously absent. Dana Rohrabacher strongly disagrees with Mr. Bush on many of the immigration reform proposals he has put forward. So he made a point of skipping the event, effectively snubbing the leader of the nation and his own party
Rohrabacher: Well, to be fair about it, it's the next district over. My district line starts a few miles away from where the president was actually speaking. However, let me note that my lack of attendance had more to do with my respect for the president. I certainly agree with him on most of the issues. I respect and appreciate his leadership on most issues.
But I so strongly disagree with him on this illegal immigration issue that I felt it would be more respectful for me to stay away rather than to show up and look glum and refuse to applaud and things like that."
Ari Berman says:
"Is Rohrabacher insinuating that Jack Abramoff is less toxic than President Bush?"
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing
- Nicole Sandler - Radio or Not
- Zaius Nation
- Steve Benen at MaddowBlog
- democratic underground
- The Talent Show
- Raw Replay
- The Political Carnival
- Sam Seder
- Arthur Silber
- Learn Out Loud
- The Reality-Based Community
- James Wolcott
- Mugsy's Rap Shet
- The Black Snob
- echidne of the snakes
- Sadly, No!