from dKos (h/t Sandy):
A world of ABC armchair hurt was right at my rating fingertips and waiting for me in my remote...
They picked the wrong time in the ratings and new show launch calendar to mess with us! I used to work for Fox back when they launched the Simpsons into the Cosby time slot. Afterwards, I worked for 3 large ad firms - two of them national top ten, as a broadcast media buyer.
This is a crucial ratings time for the networks as they are gauging their influence, market share and advertising rate buys in the run up to the new season programs. Those buys and rates are set in advance. The new rating scheme is measured regularly with Tivo, DVR and Comcast minute by minute data. It's a whole new playing field compared with the slow old Nielsen models.
Downrate all ABC programs (even if blocked) with your box. Let your fingers do the minute by minute gauged ratings slam. My box allows up to three "thumbs down." What's your setup?
Thumbs Down lets you give shows you don't like a negative rating. You can give a show up to three thumbs down. These ratings are used by the DVR to choose programs to record for TiVo Suggestions.
About Nicole Belle
More like this
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing
- Hold? Let’s Upgrade the Senate.