Actor212 of Simply Left Behind, pitching in for Mike this week on the Round Up. It's Tuesday, and while there may be a writer's strike in Hollywood, bloggers around the country have no such obstacle to pouring out hot steaming cups of bloggee for you to enjoy.
- First, it's Election Day across the country. This year, that means precious little, except maybe in Kentucky, where gubernatorial race is heating up, and getting nasty. The initials aren't "KY" for no reason, if you believe Gov. Ernie Fletcher, Rudy Giuliani, and, of all people, Pat Boone. The Republicans claim that Kentucky is about to become another San Francisco. I'd say, with Mitch McConnell as a senator, it's about half way there.
- Voters don't want vague and they don't want subtle rght now. They know a little tweaking here and a little tweaking there won't fundamentally change our direction at home or abroad. They're screaming -- and probably literally so at pollsters -- that they want a profound and radically different course. In short, a profoundly progressive course. Yet the Dems offer meekness.
- You think Dennis Kucinich is goofy because he believes in flying saucers? Steve at The Opinion Mill is more concerned with the fact that many of our legislators are pals with people who think cavemen rode around on dinosaurs, the invasion of Iraq is a moral crusade and giving huge amounts of money to rich people is the cure for poverty.
- For a little fun, Bush administration outsources torture to Disneyland. No, it's not about watching the Little Mermaid endlessly with a bunch of pre-schoolers...
- Remember when Joe Biden said of Barack Obama, " 'I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.' " Think Peggy Noonan will get as much flack for this? And Andrew Sullivan compares Obama to his...mother???
Please send tips to Actor212 care of yahoo spot com. I can't promise I'll use them, but I can promise I'll read them.