Hey all! Actor212 here, and it's my last day of guest-blogging Mike's Round Up. I want to thank John, Nicole, Blue Gal and the rest of the crew here for making me welcome and helping me get this thing right for you, and of course, you for reading my pieces. I've had a blast. You guys have made it feel like the old days...
And a special thank you to Mike for tossing me the keys. Thanks, Mike!
Let's get right to this, then...
- Quick administrative note: The Pepper Farm tells us that Rick Santorum is scheduled to pay a visit to the University of Virginia on Monday, so if you're in the area, stop by and give him our regards. Bring a dog. Redjalapeno hopes the work load will lift enough that a report can be posted of this event. Sounds like fun!
- Bush is Hitler? No! Try Vlad The Impaler.
- James Wolcott on the right wing views of torture. Believe it or not, someone thinks we DON'T torture enough! Wolcott's always a hoot...which I suppose is in its own right "torture" to right wingers.
- Ho-hum...another terror alert...and just in time for Christmas! To periphrase Thers, maybe we could start a rumour that Al Qaeda will give a pass to any store that says Happy Holidays. I wonder if that would get the Keyboard Kommandos off their butts and standing a post?
- Nevermind Republicans, aren't Americans supposed to be moral? Badtux compares Iraq to My Lai, and wonders where the outrage went.
- Over at Bill's Big Rant, Bill asks, "Will the Presidential power grab end in 2009?"
- Now here's a room with a view that would make me pause: Lydia Cornell talks to Elizabeth Kucinich.
It is my great honor and great pleasure to introduce next week's guest blogger here. A woman who's blog is a go-to for any progressive, a woman of great renown, not only in Blogtopia (thanks, Skippy!), but in the real world.
Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Shakespeare's Sister!
Please mail all Round Up tips to shakespeares_sister at comcast spot net
OK, as Percy Dovetonsils would say "That's thirty, as they say in the biz, and that means it's time for me to leave...
...oh, Bruce, you know I like my martinis chilled!"