I was hoping a clue might have dawned on these people, but alas, no. Someone is always willing to throw Billionaire Bucks at just about anything, including Joel Gilbert's latest farce of a movie, Utopia.
In case you're unfamiliar with Joel Gilbert, let me introduce you, courtesy of Right Wing Watch:
Gilbert’s previous movie, “Dreams From My Real Father,” alleged that Obama’s father is labor activist Frank Marshall Davis, which he believes the president has tried to cover up by getting a nose job. Gilbert has also speculated that Obama orchestrated the Aurora movie theater shooting, stole the 2012 presidential election and wears a secret Muslim wedding ring (which you can see here).
You don't even have to see the movie to understand who is behind it. Ultra right-wingers (and utter lunatics) David Horowitz, Jerome Corsi and Jack Cashill appear in the trailer. Yes, that Jerome Corsi, the birther idiot who finally gave up on that theme in favor of the one presented in Gilbert's last film, where Obama was the love child of a man living in Hawaii. Corsi insisted, however, that Obama's mother flew to Kenya to give birth so he could maintain some shreds of dignity after the birth certificate was produced.
WorldNetDaily's review of the film is a sight to behold, particularly their list of "serious social, political and economic questions."
- Why Barack Obama is the real life Wizard of Oz;
- How the roots of the progressive agenda represent utopia on earth;
- How political correctness is silencing American free speech;
- Why the Democratic Party wants Americans dependent on government;
- Why Peggy Joseph, the Florida voter who in 2008 claimed Obama would pay for her gas and mortgage now believes Obama is a fraud;
- Whether or not a “vast left wing conspiracy” exist in America today;
- Why Chicago and Newark could become the new Detroit;
- Why African Americans are against amnesty for illegals.
To anyone not well-versed in WingnutSpeak, this just looks crazy. But for the True Believers, this is a scary list of how the left-wing commies are going to take over. First they're gonna get the Latino vote, then they're going to oppress the blacks, then they're going to stuff the ballot box, and then....SOCIALISM.
What an incredibly lame effort to shove a wedge into African-Americans' support for progressive reforms. Ironically, it's far more likely that it will be viewed by a bunch of skeered white churchgoers, which won't do much to reach the target audience.