[oldembed width="450" height="288" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:404079" resize="1" fid="7"]
This short clip (starting at 3:20) from last night's Daily Show with Jon Stewart is so telling. David Gregory gets Ron Paul on the hotseat, and instead of questioning him on his insane policy proposals (privatizing the Transportation Safety Administration and cutting food programs for children, not to mention huge cuts in Social Security and Medicare) Gregory pushes the beltway frontrunner narrative.
It's close to "Well, enough about Gingrich and Romney, what do YOU think of Gingrich and Romney?"
Or, as Stewart puts it, "Would you like to go out Saturday night? I know this quiet little place where I can tell you which one of your friends I'd like to [expletive]."
I'm absolutely no fan of Ron Paul or his Libertarianism, but it would serve everyone in the beltway media right if he won in Iowa.
Of course, if Gingrich comes in second, he'll still be the frontrunner for David Gregory. Douche.
About Bluegal aka Fran
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing