Police have since cleared the area for people to return. Probably some sick joker:
NEWTOWN, CT. — At the St. Rose of Lima Church in Newtown, hundreds of parishioners attending Mass were instructed to evacuate the building around 12:30 p.m. while state police in tactical gear arrived and surrounded the church’s educational center.
Six men in camouflage uniforms were seen exiting the church. Firefighters and paramedics have also arrived on the scene, but a state police official said he had “no idea” what was going on.
A woman who was evacuated during the service repeated, “I don’t understand. I don’t understand.”
Shooter Adam Lanza, his mother and eight of the child victims attended St. Rose of Lima. It is a Roman Catholic Church with an adjacent school, which Lanza attended briefly.
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing