May 9th, 2012, Charlotte, North Carolina: This is footage begins with one of three separate marches (Green March) converging with two others at the intersection of N. College and E. 5th streets. This is then followed by a rally at the intersection while the Bank of America Shareholders meeting takes place inside their headquarters. Finally, all three marches joined for one major march to BOA stadium. This protest consisted of members of Occupy Raleigh, Occupy Chapel Hill, Occupy Charlotte, Occupy Wall Street, and many other groups from around the nation ( #occupyraleigh #OWS #occupywallst #occupywallstreet #occupychapelhill). Occupy Wall Street dubbed it "Occupy Wall Street of the South".
There were only a few arrests including one victim of Bank of America's foreclosure practices who tried to enter the building during the demonstration (highlighted in this video).
Shown in this video:
Green March convergence: beginning - 2:00
Rally: 2:00 - 10:55
Main March: 10:55 - end
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing