Good morning, today is Sunday, November 24, 2012.
On this day in 1947, a group of writers, producers and directors that became known as the "Hollywood 10" was cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions about alleged Communist influence in the movie industry.
- In 1963 Dallas nightclub owner Jack Ruby shot and mortally wounded Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy.
- In 1969 Apollo 12 returned to Earth after the second manned mission to the moon.
- In 1971 Hijacker D.B. Cooper parachuted from a Northwest Airlines 727 over Washington state with $200,000 in ransom. His fate remains unknown.
- 1991, Rock singer Freddie Mercury of Queen died at age 45 of pneumonia brought on by AIDS.
- 2010, A jury in Austin convicted former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, on charges he'd illegally funneled corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002.
Your morning open thread begins below.