Christmas is more than a greeting.
Your shallow, idiotic effort to profit by making a big deal out of "Merry Christmas" versus "Happy Holidays" is nothing more than a hollow attempt to deflect attention from your own war.
The Warriors on Christmas aren't 'liberals'. They're YOU.
If you want to end the War on Christmas, here are some beginning terms for the peace accord:
- Restore SNAP funding.
- Pass immigration reform so families can be together for the holidays -- even for Christmas.
- Raise the federal minimum wage.
- Raise Social Security benefits for retirees and quit threatening to privatize it.
- Stop underfunding pensions and weaseling out of your contractual promises to pay them.
- Quit trying to repeal Obamacare. For extra peace points, you can actually quit lying to constituents about it, too.
- Stop warmongering with Iran. Give peace a chance.
- Turn off Fox News. Better yet, refuse to appear on Fox News.
- Stop hating people because they're black, brown, old, young, disabled, sick, or poor. Try serving them instead.
The season from Thanksgiving to New Years is one which has been overblown by retailers for years in order to pump their bottom lines and make Wall Street happy. Choosing a greeting like "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" is just saying something to another person during a frenzied retail season. It has no meaning at all unless there is some act of human kindness and sincerity accompanying it.
Republicans, it comes down to this. YOU are the ones who wage war on Christmas by leaving people cold, sick, homeless, broke, and separated from their families.
If you want to end that war, you know what to do.