[oldembed src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V_yCPL38m8c" width="420" height="315" resize="1" fid="21"]
On Saturday, beauty pageant contestants learned that if she gives a thoughtful answer on gun control during a high profile pageant--she will be vilified for it. Here's what the New Miss America, Mallory Hytes Hagan of New York, said about the issue.
Champion: Good evening, Miss New York. In the wake of the Newtown tragedy, there is a lot of talk about gun control. One solution being proposed is an armed guard in every school. Do you think that would make our schools safer?
Hagan : I don’t think the proper way to fight violence is with violence. I think the proper way is to educate people on guns and the ways that we can use them properly. We can lock them up, we can have gun safety classes, we can have a longer waiting period. The answer is not to fight violence with violence, however.
The response from the winguttia was swift.
The conservative Media Research Center (MRC) blasted her answer, writing that she was “espousing liberal conventional wisdom on guns” while ridiculing her for supposedly suggesting that “law enforcement officers carrying guns fuels violence.”
Commenters on MRC’s website agreed:- “That idiot answer only reinforces the dumb blond stereotype”
- “The girl is cute, but she lives in a bubble like her head.”
- “this girl is f-ing stupid”
- “More idiocy from people who know nothing about guns”Conservative activists on the far-right Free Republic website condemned Hagan:- “So Mallory Hagan rather the victims get killed than fight back? She belongs in the UK (with Piers Morgan) not America.”
- “She got the looks, but I think she missed the brains line.”
- “Spoken like a true libtard.”
I'm sure more negative responses will forthcoming.