David Brooks longs for the days when his liberal-needling prop menagerie of Applebee's-swilling, NASCAR-loving 'real American' hayseeds were safely kept behind sound-proof glass barriers allowing Beltway mandarins to point to their quaint and wholesome heartland ways but muffling their racist jokes. It was way more fun before Twitter and Breitbart and Reddit and Stormfront and Trump cut him out as the middleman vaselining over the raw bigotry and fascist impulses of the rubes ... and as his life's work of politically expedient faux-anthropology comes crumbling down, he is having a very tremendous sad
$1600 A DAY. Plus expenses........sorry lazy fuckers......
A "restored anthropology"? What has anthropology to do with this? This academic field is alive and well, and in no need of restoration.
Eric Trump's foundation does all that much good? It might be as fraudulent as Daddy's!
1) His website’s “contact” page claims “Please know that we exclusively support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.” Even a cursory glance at any Eric Trump Foundation 990 shows that this is not the case. Is it possible that the board members, who are all “charged with raising $50,000/yr.,” are allowed to “siphonoff’ a bit ($10,000 or more) towards their own interests? Paws Place, a dog rescue shelter in NC, got $55,000 in 2014.
2) His 990’s make clear they are a “cash” accounting organization (with literallyzero assets so it’s not an endowment), but he credits himself NOW with an “accrual” pledge (of some 20 years’ worth of golf tournament income!!) of $28 million!! And we all know how good a Trump pledge is – don’t we!
• Then he claims that this golf tournament that barely breaks $1 million a year on average has “grown into one of the largest private charities in the country.” Yeah, right. What an asshole.
• Even if you credit him with $1,425,000 a year like 2014 (which was a really great year for them), there are 8,218 FOUNDATIONS that give more than that yearly. And that’s regardless of all the CHARITIES with budgets more than that – which might even number in the 100,000s+. More than 725 foundations give away a full $28,000,000 YEARLY – not “pledges” to someday have made enough tofinally equal that.
• He claims this “pledge” makes “The Eric Trump Foundation $20M Gift Recognizedas Sixth Largest Private Healthcare Donation in 2015.”
"Private?" It’s a golf classic. It’s 100% possible that not a single dime actually came from Eric Trump!
So,he got "private" credit in 2015 for all the money raised so far($8-$10 million?), and some unknown “pledge” amount probably equaling $16-$18million. What if, in typical rump fashion, they just decide to quitpaying?
3)He “recently” hired a college friend as Executive Director. We don’t have thecurrent 990 yet that shows how much he pays her. I’m sure it’s $100,000 -$150,000 – he is, after all, a Trump. Remember, it’s a glorified golf classic.I bet St. Jude’s has 6 other of these they run themselves yearly.
"The suggestion on the part of some members of the Senate was that they didn't know what they were voting on, that they didn't understand the negative consequences of the bill," he said Thursday. "That's a hard suggestion to take seriously"
What he calls "hard suggestion", I call "damnable indictment". I'm so tired of this notion that legislators can't take the time to read and understand what they are voting on. That's the whole point of their FUCKING job.