We've seen it time and time again. Someone like Specter or Graham make a lot of noise about something and then when it's time to step up and be counted...
Greenwald: "A front-page article in this morning's The Hill reports that Sen. Specter has finally made enough concessions to secure the support of the more right-wing members of the Judiciary Committee for his legislation that (along with a bill from Sen. DeWine) would render legal the NSA warrantless eavesdropping program. As part of this negotiation, what were these Bush allies (Hatch, Sessions, Cornyn, Kyl) holding out for? The removal from Sen. Specter's bill of a clause that would mandate that the FISA court rule on the legality and constitutionality of the NSA program. As usual, the thing which Bush supporters fear most - and which they most desperately seek to avoid - is a judicial ruling on the legality of the administration's behavior....read on
Cafferty from the other day:
Cafferty: We all hope nothing happens to Arlen Specter, the Republican head of the Senate Judiciary Committee, cause he might be all that stands between us and a full blown dictatorship in this country.
As an emailer ponted out: "If Cafferty was right that Specter is supposed to save us from dictatorship, then we are in trouble."
More like this
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing
- Hold? Let’s Upgrade the Senate.
- echidne of the snakes
- Steve Benen at MaddowBlog
- Whiskey Fire
- Rising Hegemon
- Balloon Juice
- The Huffington Post
- The Immoral Minority (Alaska)
- Raw Replay
- A Tiny Revolution
- rude pundit
- Daily Kos
- Bob Cesca
- Taylor Marsh
- Nicole Sandler - Radio or Not