UPDATE: Three are critically injured.
Although first reported as liquid natural gas, it has since been announced that the barges were carrying gasoline:
MOBILE, Ala (WALA) - The Mobile Fire and Rescue Department said two were injured when two barges previously loaded with liquid natural gas exploded and caught fire. Officials said units are on scene on the east side of Mobile River.
Lt. Mike Clawson said two natural gas barges exploded, the first occurring around 8:30 p.m at 200 Dunlap Drive.
It happened between the Bankhead tunnel and waterways; not near Triumph Cruise Ship.
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing