Fox News host and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) on Wednesday said that Lara Logan's botched reporting on Benghazi made her a "hero journalist" and he was shocked that CBS News would force her off the air.
CBS News confirmed on Monday that Logan and producer Max McClellan were asked to take a leave of absence after an internal review of her reporting found major flaws. Logan had been forced to apologize and issue a partial retraction when reports from other media outlets showed that her source, security contractor Dylan Davies, was not at the U.S. mission in Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2011 terrorist attack as he had claimed.
On Wednesday morning, Fox News host Brian Kilmeade asked Huckabee to respond to the news that Logan had been effectively suspended indefinitely from 60 Minutes.
"Very shocked," Huckabee said. "And I think that the fact is that we're missing the big story here. We still don't know what happened in Benghazi. Our government lied to us, they covered it up."
"Lara Logan is certainly a hero journalist to at least attempt to get the story out," he added.