Here are some of the things your House of Representatives did early this morning:
- Voted to strip funding from just about every EPA project, including air quality, emissions, and water pollution monitoring.
- Defunded NOAA
- Stripped funds to administer the Affordable Care Act.
- Eliminated funds for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Continued $53 billion in oil subsidies
- Tried to eliminate Davis-Bacon rules for government projects (that failed)
- Stripped federal workers of their salaries in positions within agencies targeted for defunding
Of course, yesterday they defunded Planned Parenthood, FCC allocations for enforcement of Net Neutrality rules, and the entire Affordable Care Act.
They also managed to pass a budget 235-189 after the sorriest bunch of bullsh*t debate this writer has ever observed. The vote was down party lines, with the exception of 3 Republicans who voted against it. The most entertaining part of the whole entire screwed-up process was watching Republicans make love to Big Oil while the whole world watched.
Oh, note to the Tea Party...hahahahaha!!!! They only managed to cut $60 billion. Broken promises, broken promises. And so soon in your young reign of terror.
I hope it was good for them. I felt screwed without even so much as a kiss on the cheek.
With that said, all props to Rosa DeLauro for her 3AM rant with energy, passion and focus. Enjoy that moment. There weren't all that many.