On MTP today, Pat whipped a bottle and said he needed to take a dose of "memory pills" after Tim asked him why they didn't they go to Congress and change the statute to allow for new activity in the warrantless wiretapping.
Taylor Marsh has more...
Pat is so partisan that two potential witnesses during the Sen. Shelby-NSA leak investigation wouldn't testify because Roberts wouldn't recuse himself. As The Hill reported:
"The pace has been slowed by difficulties obtaining information, difficulties created partly by Sen. Pat Roberts's (R-Kan.) decision not to recuse himself from the case, the source said. The investigation has been conducted "off and on" for six months...One reason the investigation has dragged on is because Roberts's continued participation has chilled the cooperation of witnesses."
This investigation was barely reported on by the traditional media, but would have caused serious problems for Shelby and Republicans.
(Update):Arianna has her new Russert Watch posted.
"Today's Meet the Press featured an older male Senator hawking a bottle of pills. And no, these weren't little blue pills, and no, it wasn't Senator Bob Dole. It was another senator from Kansas, Sen. Pat Roberts, who, I kid you not, tried to make a point about the NSA scandal to his fellow panelists -- former Senator Tom Daschle, Rep...read on"
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing
- left coaster
- The Reaction
- Naomi Klein
- Angry Bear
- bart cop
- The Reality-Based Community
- bob harris
- The Immoral Minority (Alaska)
- The Aristocrats
- Sam Seder
- 43 Ideas Per Minute
- Balloon Juice
- One good move
- Juan Cole/Informed Comment
- Nicole Sandler - Radio or Not