- Invite representatives of 501c3 and c4 groups to speak about how they "could have been targeted by the IRS and explain how house Republicans are conducting oversight hearings to hold the Administration accountable." Members are further instructed to issue media advisories in advance and be sure to hold a press conference afterwards.
- Have 'conversations' with health care providers, presumably to gin up some more hate for the Affordable Care Act.
- Host a local jobs fair. Oh, the irony.
- Target millennials with a health care forum designed to inform them of how screwed they are after Obamacare kicks in
- Take a Red Tape Tour in connection with the local Chamber of Commerce so businesses can complain about excessive regulations.
Town Hall Meetings
- Emergency Health Care - Carve out an hour to focus solely on health care, "addressing the myriad effects of ObamaCare on the people in your district."
- Stopping Government Abuse - This is the "kill the IRS" themed meeting, with a dash of "kill all regulations" tossed in.
Notably, there are 29 pages devoted to attacking Democrats' initiatives and only 2 pages devoted to trumpeting GOP 'accomplishments' -- the town hall pages. In every case, members are instructed to be sure to tweet, Vine, Facebook and promote their events. There are suggested op-eds for them to write and to give to constituents to write.
In the intro, McMorris-Rodgers actually has the nerve to write this:
We know that Washington is broken. It spends too much, borrows too much and takes too much. It targets people for what they believe. It chokes out jobs with more red tape, blocks new energy resources and makes our health care crisis worse. Our government is out of control.
She forgot one sentence, I think. That last part should read this way: "Republicans are out of control."
There. I fixed it.
I'm fairly sure there are wide swaths of Democratic constituents in these GOP districts, and I encourage everyone to make sure they pay attention to what their representative is doing, and make it a priority to be at those town hall meetings to share their perspectives.
Full document below the fold.
More like this
- Juan Cole/Informed Comment
- A Tiny Revolution
- Bob Cesca
- Balloon Juice
- 43 Ideas Per Minute
- Mock, Paper, Scissors
- Average Bro
- echidne of the snakes
- Petrelis Files
- Learn Out Loud
- Lawyers, Guns & Money
- Southern Beale