Bill Clinton is no stranger to crazy-eyed Republican campaigns to destroy a Democratic president. But even he thinks that the single-minded extremism with which today's Republican Party operates has gotten to the point where they no longer care if the entire country is a casualty to their battle.
I’ve never seen a time– can you remember a time in your lifetime when a major political party was just sitting around, begging for America to fail? And it’s interesting, because there were serious problems with implementing the– the Bush senior drug program. And they all voted for it, but they didn’t want to own it, because the government was somehow involved in it.
The Democrats, instead of saying, “Delay it. Repeal it.” They say, “Okay, we still think you should have paid for it, but we’ll help you implement it. We’ll figure out how to do it.” That– that’s the difference.
The problem being is that we get the government we deserve. If we buy into the notion that government *IS* the problem and we elect representatives who tell us that and then make damn sure that they're right, then we'll continue to be the hostages caught in the crossfire.
About Nicole Belle
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing