Around 10 p.m. on Tuesday night, Mitt Romney's (independent) Super PAC released its six month campaign finance data, just a few hours after his big win in the Florida primary. This is what the campaign to Restore Our Future looks like (all info compiled from FEC Data between Jul. 1, 2011 and Dec. 31, 2011):
Total raised from individuals and organizations: $17,947,952
Total spent: $6,535,213.64
Greatest amount raised from one donor: This is actually a tie between four donors, each gave $1 million:
1. Rooney Holdings, Inc - a large Manhattan private investment firm and construction company. Rooney Holdings built Cowboys Stadium, the U.S. Capitol Visitors Center and the George H.W. Presidential Library. The CEO and President L. Francis Rooney was the U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See from 2005 - 2008.
2. Robert Mercer of East Setauket, N.Y. - Mercer is co-CEO for Renaissance Technologies Corp., one of the world's largest private hedge funds. He owns this house and pays $303,678 per year in property taxes on it.
3. Julian Robertson of Locust Valley, N.Y. - Robertson is a former hedge fund manager who founded Tiger Management Corp. In 2011, his fortune was estimated at $2.4 billion, according to Forbes.
4. Paul Singer of New York, N.Y. - Singer is the founder and CEO of the hedge fund Elliott Management Corporation. His firm manages $17 billion in assets, he personally has a net worth of $900 million, which is almost four times as much as Mitt Romney
Top five total contributions by state:
1. New York - $4.63 million
2. Florida - $3.33 million
3. California - $1.90 million
4. Massachusetts - $1.67 million
5. Texas - $1.58 million
Total raised from corporations, with no individual name given (7/1/11 - 12/31/11) - $6,540,000
The average contribution was about $98,000. Romney and Restore Our Future spent a combined $6.28 million on Florida ads in the final week leading up to the primary, according to the Associated Press. $4 million came from Restore Our Future. In case you aren't sure what a Super PAC is and how the Supreme Court's Citizen's United decision allowed them to exist - read this.
And here's a chart of the data that shows what this all means to the average American:
About Andrew Metcalf
More like this
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing
- Hold? Let’s Upgrade the Senate.