George Zimmerman has been arrested and was en route to the Seminole County Jail, according to Sheriff Don Eslinger.
It's not clear what happened or what crime he's accused of committing, but just before 1:30 p.m., Eslinger confirmed that Zimmerman had been arrested today and was being driven to the county jail in Sanford.
He said more information would be available shortly.
WESH-Channel 2 reported that Zimmerman was accused of domestic violence by a girlfriend.
The Sheriff's Office, in a short news release, reported that the agency had arrested Zimmerman after being called to a disturbance on Topfield Court in western Seminole County near Apopka.
Zimmerman's new girlfriend lives in the 1300 block of Topfield Court, according to an unrelated Lake Mary police report.
Zimmerman, 30, is the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer, who was acquitted in July on a charge that he murdered Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old, last year.
Since then, Zimmerman has had a string of run-ins with law enforcement. In September he was handcuffed by Lake Mary police but released after his estranged wife, Shellie, and her father accused him of threatening them with a gun while they were moving out her belongings.
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing