Limbaugh will be able to practice his perfect, conservative whine.
Rush Limbaugh is expected to be dropped from a group bidding to buy the St. Louis Rams, according to three NFL sources.
Dave Checketts, chairman of the NHL's St. Louis Blues and the point man in the Limbaugh group attempting to buy the Rams, realizes he must remove the controversial conservative radio host from his potential role as a minority member in the group in order to get approval from other NFL owners, the sources said.
Ultimately, the sources said, Checketts must reconfigure his group and find another investor to make his bid more viable.
Exactly when Limbaugh will be dropped is uncertain, though some familiar with the situation said it could be within the next week. It is unclear if the two sides even have spoken.
A Limbaugh spokesman told ESPN that Limbaugh would have no comment on Wedneday. Earlier, on his syndicated radio show, Limbaugh was defiant, holding on to hope that he still could be part of the ownership group that buys the Rams.
"I'm not even thinking of exiting," Limbaugh said on his program, according to a transcript provided to ESPN. "I'm not even thinking of caving. I am not a caver. None of us are. We have been betrayed by too many who have caved. Pioneers take the arrows. We are pioneers. It's a sad thing but our country over 200 years old now needs pioneers all over again, but we do."
Now the comedy begins. The NRO is doing the freak over this.
Limbaugh says he's colorblind. Yeah, he only sees two colors.
Today, after conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh responded to critics of his bid to purchase the St. Louis Rams who have stated that he is "insensitive" about race by claiming that he is "colorblind" and "treat[s] everyone equally," Media Matters for America released research documenting more than two dozen examples of Limbaugh making racially charged or race-baiting remarks.
As Media Matters' research documents, there are at least 28 examples of Limbaugh making racially charged remarks, including:
- "We are being told that we have to hope [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles ... because his father was black."
- "I do believe" Obama is an "angry black guy."
- "[I]n Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering."
- "Obama's entire economic program is reparations."
- Obama is "more African in his roots than he is American" and is "behaving like an African colonial despot."
- Obama is "Halfrican-American."
- "Obama has disowned his white half ... he's decided he's got to go all in on the black side."
- Sotomayor "a reverse racist" appointed by Obama, "the greatest living example of a reverse racist."
- Obama "wants us to have the same health care and plan that he had in Kenya" and "wants to be the black FDR."
- Latching onto LA Times op-ed, Limbaugh sings "Barack, The Magic Negro."
- "God does not have a birth certificate. Neither does Obama"; Obama "has yet to prove he's a citizen."
- Limbaugh on Gates controversy: "Here you have a black president trying to destroy a white policeman."
- Limbaugh suggests Obama would not have acted on Somali pirates if he'd known they were "actually young, black Muslim teenagers."
- Limbaugh: "The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well."
- Limbaugh says "NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips."
- Limbaugh declares basketball "the favorite sport of gangs."
- Limbaugh invented "racial component" to Hackett's decision to withdraw from Ohio primary race.
- Limbaugh on Survivor series: "African-American tribe" worst swimmers, Hispanics "will do things other people won't do."
- Limbaugh suggested Colin Powell only supported Obama because of race.
- Limbaugh: Gates is an "angry racist."
- Limbaugh called illegal immigrants an "invasive species."
- Limbaugh repeatedly calls Native Americans "Injuns."
- Limbaugh says Democrats' interest in Darfur is securing black "voting bloc."
- Limbaugh says that if "feminazis" had remembered to oppose "affirmative action for black guys ... they wouldn't face the situation they face today."