JOHN FEEHERY (GOP STRATEGIST): I think what the president is doing with this CPI thing, which I personally support, but it’s….
CHRIS MATTHEWS: Of course you do. You’re reasonable.
FEEHERY: …but it’s also a dangerous trap.
Call me unreasonable.
I will happily wrap myself in the mantle of being an unreasonable person as long as Washington DC elites with six- and seven-figure portfolios dare to tell me that I need to be "reasonable," while
- Lifting the FICA cap is off the table;
- The idea of lowering the minimum age for SSI qualification is not even discussed;
- Refusing to acknowledge that austerity does not work, ever;
- Not admitting that Social Security itself does not impact the deficit;
- Negotiating Medicare drug prices is not part of a cost-saving package;
- Cutting corporate subsidies is a non-starter;
- Our top marginal tax rate is the lowest it's been since the '30s; and
- Beltway denizens who cheered off-the-book wars and tax cuts, insisting that deficits don't matter, are now screaming that the deficit is the *MOST* important thing this country, over jobs, poverty, income inequality, discrimination, gun safety, and the sad fact that they are relegating more than a few grandmothers to eating catfood.
Yup, if that is what's considered "reasonable" thinking about the problems this country faces, then damn it, call me unreasonable.
About Nicole Belle
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing