Poor widdle Sharyl Attkisson, victim of that crusading liberal bias in the media. She knew she had no chance to do the kind of journalism she wanted to do when the suits at CBS News started questioning her story pitches.
Why, they didn't want her to report anything bad about the administration, donchaknow?
It had nothing to do with the irresponsibility of her reporting, right? Just because she...
- Suggested there's still an open debate on the correlation between immunization and autism, thus justifying the dangerous and potentially life-threatening practice of parents refusing to immunize their children.
- Focused on and berated Nancy Pelosi for erroneous information on Congressional travel, but ignored that this practice is bi-partisan.
- Uncritically adopted right wing terminology in areas like "death tax" or the Democratic majority's agenda.
- Wanted to keep reporting on debunked and false GOP "scandals" like Solyndra, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, ACA enrollment figures.
- Was honored with an award from the fringe group Accuracy in Media at CPAC for her reporting.
Obviously, the problem is that CBS has a liberal bias.
Displaying quite clearly the cognitive dissonance and syllogistic fallacy of the conservative brain, Attkisson points the finger for her downfall squarely at our friends at Media Matters. First, she dismisses them as a "far left blogger group", she then acknowledges that she's used them for help and as a source in the past. And then she imbues them with shadowy power that led to her downfall, just putting out the question of who is paying them to go after her.
ATTKISSON: And I certainly was friendly with as anybody. Good information can come from any source. But when I persisted with “Fast and Furious” and some of the green energy stories that I was doing, I clearly at some point became a target that they…you know, I don’t know if someone paid them to do it or they just took it on their own, but they were very much…
STELTER: You think that’s possible? Someone would pay them?↓ Story continues below ↓
ATTKISSON: Well, they get contributions from… yes, contributions from…
STELTER: But specifically to target you?
ATTKISSON: Perhaps, sure. I think that’s what some of these groups do, absolutely.
Well, aren't we very important? While it's true that there are groups that pay to smear people and political ideas in the media, that's not what Media Matters does. They simply hold up bad journalism and show why it's bad, with links to facts.
But if Attkisson needs to make that liberal bias instead of gross incompetency on her part, then what else can you expect?
And as a side note, can we please not use made up words like "contraversialize"? English has a word to describe what was done to Attkisson: "fact-check."