Crooks and Liars - Comment Policy
Welcome to C&L
It is not possible for me to monitor or read every comment. I do, however, have a general commenting policy and by posting a comment on C&L, you acknowledge and agree to follow the rules posted here.
- All e-mail received by C&L is considered intended for publication unless otherwise indicated in the initial message from the writer. Please don't send attachments unless requested.
- C&L reserves the right to edit all e-mail and posted comments for content, clarity, and length.
- Bandwidth is expensive. The comment space is reserved for comments that relate to the topic of the post. You may not reprint lengthy text from your own works or those of others, including news articles. You may link to them. Please limit excerpts to 3 paragraphs.
- Comments that are abusive, offensive, contain racist or extremely profane material, express violence or violate the terms of service for this blog's host provider will be removed and the author(s) banned from future comments. It is far easier for us to ban an offending commenter than to get reinstated by the software censors.
- All points of view are welcome on C&L, with the following exception:
- C&L will limit the commenter as "chatterer," loosely defined as one who both holds opposing views from those expressed by C&L and whose comments:
- Appear numerous times a day with the intent of dominating, re-directing or hijacking the thread; or
- Insults or calls other commenters or contributors names or repeatedly makes the same point with the effect of annoying other commenters.
- Name-calling, personal attacks (attacks against other posters), racist comments or use of extreme profanity by any commenter, whether they are by persons who agree or disagree with the views expressed by C&L will not be tolerated and will result in the deletion of the comment and the banning of the commenter's ISP address, without notice.
- We allow one account per commenter.
- Do not attempt to start another topic in a thread, other than an Open Thread. Claiming your post is 'Off Topic' does not indemnify it and any responses from deletion.
- Quotes from material appearing on C&L with attribution are allowed. Reprints are allowed only by permission from C&L. You may request permission by e-mail.
- C&L is a personal site. It is not the government. It is not public institution or a media organization. It is not a neutral site. It is intended to express and disseminate the authors' point of view. It reserves the right to limit comments to those that, in its view, comport with its stated comment policy. Comments that do not comply are subject to deletion and banning of the author's ISP.
- Reading and posting comments at C&L constitutes acknowledgment of and agreement to the terms outlined in this comment policy. This comment policy may be revised in part or in full at any time.
- All comments must comport with applicable state and federal laws. C&L has no obligation to monitor, edit, censor, or take responsibility for comments. It may or may not act upon a violation of its comment policy once a suspected violation has been brought to its attention. Therefore, commenters are solely responsible for the content of their comments and should ensure that that their comments are lawful and fall within the stated guidelines of both C&L and its hosting company.
- C&L is not be responsible for injury or liability to any reader or commenter resulting from its own communications or those of commenters, that may be offensive, misleading, inaccurate, illegal, or otherwise unsuitable in the view of the reader. Readers and commenters further agree to indemnify and hold harmless C&L from claims resulting from the use of any material appearing on C&L which damages the reader, commenter or any other party.
- C&L is not responsible for and might disagree with material posted in the comments section. This is an opinion site. While the authors of this blog strive for accuracy, the material posted in the comments section may not be accurate. Unbiased factual corrections to articles appearing on the site are always welcome.
Read and Post at your own risk.