Rep. Virgil Goode is one of the Republican Party's leading moral scolds -- and in this GOP, that's saying something. So you've gotta love it when Mi
Rep. Virgil Goode is one of the Republican Party's leading moral scolds -- and in this GOP, that's saying something. So you've gotta love it when Mike Stark scores again, this time with the goods on Goode:
What is known:
• In 2003, the unrated film Eden’s Curve premiered
• The movie is replete with scenes depicting drug use and bi- and homosexual sex
• Eden’s Curve was written and produced by Jerry Meadors
• Jerry Meadors is also the artistic and managing director of the North Theater in Danville, VA
• Linwood Duncan, Virgil Goode’s press secretary, has a speaking role in the film.
• Linwood Duncan also sits on the Board of the North Theater
• Also in 2003, Virgil Goode inserted a $150,000 earmark for the North Theater into the 2004 appropriations bill for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs
• Virgil Goode, his wife Lucy, and Linwood Duncan were all thanked in the film’s credits
• What is the nature of the personal relationships between Jerry Meadors, Linwood Duncan and Virgil Goode
• How was the $150,000 earmark used? Are there records available?
• What did the earmark have to do with Linwood Duncan’s first Hollywood break?
• What other gay and lesbian films has Virgil Goode supported?
• Given Virgil’s history of anti-gay and lesbian rhetoric, how does he square his support of this film with his record?
Family Research Council (FRC) President Tony Perkins is defending the Boy Scouts of America's policy banning gay members by saying the organization wanted to "make good citizens" by encouraging scouts to be "morally straight."
In a letter earlier Read more...
Chris Matthews actually tried to get a coherent response out of now ex-chairman of the astroturf FreedomWorks about why Republicans claim to be the party of small government, but they can't seem to keep themselves from inserting government into Read more...