RIP, Tony Soprano:
James Gandolfini, the New Jersey-bred actor whose Mafia-boss character survived six seasons of mob hits and panic attacks on “The Sopranos,” died Wednesday in Italy. He was 51.
The man behind Tony Soprano was with his teenage son, Michael, 13, when he suffered a massive heart attack, a source close to the barrel-chested actor said.
He was a brilliant actor beyond the seminal role of Tony Soprano. Galdolfini leaves a wife and two children.
The Sopranos ranks at the top of the charts as one of the greatest all time shows, ever. No twelve episodes of a show (first season) had ever captured a mother-son relationship with the depth that Chase's gangster drama did. It was as close to perfection as you could ask for.
About Nicole Belle
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing
- A Tiny Revolution
- Liberal Catnip
- skippy the bush kangaroo
- Brad DeLong
- daily howler
- Naomi Klein
- 43 Ideas Per Minute
- Nicole Sandler - Radio or Not
- bart cop
- Steve Benen at MaddowBlog
- Arthur Silber
- Juan Cole/Informed Comment
- Zaius Nation
- Southern Beale