Depending on your point of view, this development could be either a good or bad thing as it signals that Todd Akin is running out of money in his bid to win the Senate seat from Claire McCaskill. On the flipside though, there may still be time for him to quit and Republicans replace him with a more formidable opponent.
Video and text from KOMU, Columbia Missouri.
COLUMBIA - Republican senatorial candidate Todd Akin's latest round of political ads have been pulled from the airwaves of KOMU 8 and other Missouri TV stations due to a lack of payment as of Thursday.
Akin's camp placed an ad buy that was supposed to run in full through this week.
Standard procedure dictates that political ads must be paid in full before ads will run, but KOMU 8 received half of the payment for the Akin ads and ran half of the ad buy.
When KOMU 8 did not receive the rest of the money in time for the rest of the ad cycle, it pulled the ads.
The ads weren't cancelled by the Akin camp.
KOMU 8 spoke with various television stations in St. Louis, Kansas City, and Columbia, and heard a similar story from each.
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing