Have you ever had one of those weeks where nothing seems to go right? You know, that week where the dog keeps getting into the trash on Monday, you lose an election on Tuesday, the car won't start on Wednesday, you've got no hot water on Thursday, and just as you're about to leave work on Friday the boss asks you to stay a little late to finish the three projects that she couldn't? You know, the week that just makes you want to scream and curse and rage on?
I have. This week, in fact. I suppose many of you are feeling the same way right about now. Seeing as Jared has turned the LNMC reins over to me for the weekend, I propose we turn those frowns upside down. Your mission, if you choose to accept it (and you don't have to), is to link to music that makes you happy, blissful even. For the entire weekend. Think you're up to it?
I'll start with this cut from David Bowie's 1971 album Hunky Dory, which includes these lines that I find worth considering:
...just remember lovers never lose
'Cause they are free of thoughts unpure
And of thoughts unkind
Gentleness clears the soul
Love cleans the mind
And makes it free
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing