Attorney General Eric Holder has ordered an investigation into whether criminal activity took place at the Internal Revenue Service, he told reporters Tuesday.
“I have ordered an investigation to be done,” Holder said. ”The FBI is coordinating with the Justice Department to see if any laws were broken in connection with those matters,” he added. “We are examining the facts to see if there were criminal violations.”
An IRS official revealed Friday that conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status were targeted for extra scrutiny. Officials in Washington and at least two other offices were involved, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.
More like this
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing
- Hold? Let’s Upgrade the Senate.