The father of suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has called on his son to surrender, but warned the U.S. that “all hell will break loose” if he is killed. Anzor Tsarnaev spoke to ABC News from his home in Russia, while his younger son dodged bullets during a gunfight with Boston police late Thursday night. Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the elder of the two brothers suspected in the marathon attack, was killed in a shootout. Their father said he spoke to both on the phone earlier this week and insisted that they were innocent, but asked his younger son to stop running. “Give up,” he said via ABC News. “You have a bright future ahead of you. Come home to Russia.”
Anzor Tsarnaev spoke to ABC News from his home in the Russian city of Makhachkala as Boston police carried out an intense dragnet for his son Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, survived a running gun battle with police during the night that left an MIT security officer dead and a Boston cop badly wounded. His older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died in the shootout.
The father said he spoke to his sons by phone earlier this week. "We talked about the bombing. I was worried about them," Anzor Tsarnaev said.
He said his sons reassured him, saying, "Everything is good, Daddy. Everything is very good."
Then after warning that "If they killed him, then all hell would break loose," the father added "If they kill my second child, I will know that it is an inside job, a hit job. The police are to blame," the father told ABC News. "Someone, some organization is out to get them."
Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov, who is very active on social media, took to Instagram on Friday to issue a statement on the Boston Marathon bombings and to place the blame for the suspects’ actions on the United States. “Any attempt to link Chechnya and the Tsarnaevs, if indeed they are guilty, are futile,” he wrote. “They grew up in the USA, their viewpoints and beliefs were formed there. You must look for the roots of [their] evil in American.” American terrorism consultant Evan Kohlmann tweeted Friday morning, “The official media arm of the Chechen mujahideen has rejected allegations that two Chechen men were responsible for the Boston Bombing.”