The GOP is trying to frame Murtha's plan of requiring improved troop readiness as the exact opposite.
According the GOP: Murtha's plan
- is to "cut funding",
- is a "strategy to pull the rug out from under our troops", and
- is a "slow bleed" approach.
If we don't make sure to hammer the point that Murtha's plan calls for the very opposite soon and often, the GOP lies will prevail.
Murtha's plan calls for
- Sufficient soldier training,
- Sufficient equipment, and
- Reasonable deployment and leave time.
Murtha's plan protects the troops. It pulls the rug out from under Bush by protecting the troops from his abuse of their readiness to serve.