Most recent news at the top:
UPDATE: Police: Suspect suffered "significant" blood loss.
- "Thank you all. It's a proud day to be a Boston police officer." Police Commissioner Ed Davis to his men over police radio.
- Residents of Watertown are lining the streets to cheer and applaud police as they head out in a caravan.
- "Great job!" "Thank you, let's get a contract!" -- union thugs on police scanner. LOL
- Applause from residents as suspect is put in ambulance. @WBUR reporting that they found -him -because- the lockdown ended. Neighbors finally got out of house, noticed blood on or near boat.
- "Suspect in custody, no one is to come inside the perimeter."
- According to scanner, negotiators are talking to suspect. Neighbors say police told them he's "covered" in blood.
- Police say noise was flash bang grenades, not shots. Meant to disorient suspect, they say, but one was thrown into boat. Where they were worried there was gasoline. WTF?
- CNN reports a little girl being led to ambulance by state police and FBI. She appears to be okay, they say. Police believe suspect is still alive. They are using thermal imaging on the boat.
- Police sources have told the local CBS affiliate it's Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
- WCVB saying a body is lying on a boat.
- Reports on several news outlet that the suspect has been teargassed inside a boat.
23:02 GMT: Tactical teams are approaching a boat from which gunshots are reported to have been fired. Multiple EMS teams have been requested to the scene.
23:00 GMT: Multiple media outlets and Twitter users are reporting gunshots near a boat in Watertown, where a perimeter has been established and squad cars are rushing to the area. Police have demanded radio silence on the scanner.