This is getting ridiculous. For the past three months Gmail has been blocking my access to my account about every three weeks. I keep getting a message that says: Unusual Activity Detected
This account has been locked down due to unusual account activity. It may take up to 24 hours for you to regain access.
Unusual account activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via POP in a short period of time.
- Sending a large number of undeliverable messages (messages that bounce back).
- Using file-sharing or file-storage software, browser extensions, or third party software that automatically logs in to your account.
- Leaving multiple instances of your Gmail account open.
- Browser-related issues. Please note that if you find your browser continually reloading while attempting to access your Inbox, it’s probably a browser issue, and it may be necessary to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
The only violation I've committed is having the account open on more than one computer in my office and that's because it's so vital to bloggers, but after the first time I've been very careful. I have not been using Gmail in an inappropriate manner and every time I email them my complaints I get a standard automatic response. I'm forwarding all my emails to another account now, but why is it virtually impossible to get a straight answer out of Google?
I also pay for extra space because of the amount of emails I get everyday so WTF is up with them? I tried a few of the online fixes I've seen posted on the Internet, but none of them work. Does Google want me to leave? I'm getting to the point where they will force me to and I will never have a kind word about them again. I come to you because Google is incapable of or unwilling to help.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Is Google listening?