(Watch local coverage here.)
After deliberating for a little over 16 hours, the jury in the George Zimmerman trial has reached a verdict in a Seminole County, Florida courtroom.
The verdict will be read in open court in minutes, so tune in to HLN right now to see the verdict read live.
Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch captain in the Retreat at Twin Lakes development, called 911 in February of 2012 to report a "suspicious” person in the Sanford, Florida, neighborhood. He was instructed by the dispatcher not to get out of his vehicle or approach the person, but he did anyway. Moments later, neighbors reported hearing gunfire. Zimmerman, who was bleeding from the nose and back of the head, told police that he and Martin fought and that he shot the 17-year-old in self-defense.
More like this
- One Last 2014 Ask From Blue America
- Pushing Back Against Sheldon Adelson Flood Of Slime
- Why We "Are Voting For the Other" ...Susan Collins Hasn't Earned 6 More Years
- Steve Israel's Ignored WA-08, so Jason Richie Will Use Own Strategy to Beat Loathsome Dave Reichert
- Alan Grayson-- Progressives' Cosmic Thing