The Cult of Trump is written by one of the leading experts in cults and mind-control, Steven Hassan. He offers fresh insights about Trump and provides a roadmap on how we are going to heal as a country. According to Hassan:
Cult leaders may seem crazy, but they are cunning masters of manipulation, employing an arsenal of these techniques to render their followers dependent and obedient.
I have learned that mind control is not a vague, mystical process but, instead, is the result of a concrete and specific and systematic set of methods and techniques. Cult leaders may seem crazy, but they are cunning masters of manipulation, employing an arsenal of these techniques to render their followers dependent and obedient. It’s what I call the cult leader’s playbook.
Hassan's book The Cult of Trump: A Leading Cult Expert Explains How The President Uses Mind Control, gives excellent advice on how to talk to "Trump cult" family and friends about the election.
- Before focusing on someone else, first learn how mind control works.
- Establish rapport and trust with the other person.
- Always act with respect, kindness, warmth and integrity.
- Use good communication strategies and active listening to keep the dialogue open.
- Be curious, ask open-ended questions.
- Be patient and wait for them to think and answer.
- Keep a collaborative, rather than competitive, frame of mind.
- Find common ground, focusing on things you can agree upon.
- Avoid talking about the cult at first. Tread lightly around this topic until the other person is comfortable with you.
- Find outside topics that share characteristics with Trumpism to ease into the topic
- Don't get angry when they say offensive things.
- Don't “tell” them. Your goal is to help them make their OWN discoveries.
Here is a download from Steven Hassan's website on how to Free Your Loved Ones from The Cult of Trump.