Rep. Virgil Goode is one of the Republican Party's leading moral scolds -- and in this GOP, that's saying something. So you've gotta love it when Mike Stark scores again, this time with the goods on Goode:
What is known:
• In 2003, the unrated film Eden’s Curve premiered
• The movie is replete with scenes depicting drug use and bi- and homosexual sex
• Eden’s Curve was written and produced by Jerry Meadors
• Jerry Meadors is also the artistic and managing director of the North Theater in Danville, VA
• Linwood Duncan, Virgil Goode’s press secretary, has a speaking role in the film.
• Linwood Duncan also sits on the Board of the North Theater
• Also in 2003, Virgil Goode inserted a $150,000 earmark for the North Theater into the 2004 appropriations bill for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs
• Virgil Goode, his wife Lucy, and Linwood Duncan were all thanked in the film’s credits
• What is the nature of the personal relationships between Jerry Meadors, Linwood Duncan and Virgil Goode
• How was the $150,000 earmark used? Are there records available?
• What did the earmark have to do with Linwood Duncan’s first Hollywood break?
• What other gay and lesbian films has Virgil Goode supported?
• Given Virgil’s history of anti-gay and lesbian rhetoric, how does he square his support of this film with his record?
Gee, I wonder if these revelations are part of that North American Union plot.
Raising Kaine explores the depths of Goode's hypocrisy here.