However complicated and conflicted my feelings about police officers, I can whole-heartedly get behind emotional support dogs for the ones on Capitol Hill suffering trauma from the violent insurrectionists who tried to overthrow democracy.
These men and women who put their mental and physical well-being on the line to protect our legislators — even the ones who didn't deserve protection — should get all the doggie love in the world, in my estimation.
I love that there are now two full-time, deputized Capitol Police Emotional Support Doggos.
Welcome to the Capitol, Lila and Leo.
Here's your Sunday morning line-up - anything look interesting?
- MSNBC “The Sunday Show”: Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) … Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) … Terry McAuliffe … Annissa Essaibi George … Joe Walsh … Benjamin Crump.
- FOX “Fox News Sunday”: Anthony Fauci … Mohamed El-Erian. Panel: Karl Rove, Kristen Soltis Anderson and Mo Elleithee. Power Player: Pat Robertson.
- ABC “This Week”: Anthony Fauci. Supply chain gridlock panel: Deirdre Bolton and Diane Swonk. Panel: Jonathan Karl, Rick Klein, MaryAlice Parks and Stephanie Ramos.
- CNN “State of the Union”: Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg … Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) … Jon Stewart.
- CNN “Inside Politics”: Panel: Toluse Olorunnipa, Melanie Zanona, Jeff Mason, Jackie Kucinich and Kimberly Adams.
- NBC “Meet the Press”: Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg … Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson. Panel: Kimberly Atkins Stohr, Garrett Haake, John Podhoretz and Amy Walter.