PolitiFact has named "Exaggerations about Ebola" the 2014 Lie of the Year. Hard to disagree with that one, though serious consideration should have gone to:
- Kentucky needs Mitch McConnell;
- Gun violence is not a public-health issue;
- The Keystone pipeline will create tens of thousands of jobs;
- It's cold outside, so climate change is bogus;
- Racism is dead in America.
- Also, Johnny Manziel is an NFL quarterback.
And, of course, to "enhanced interrogation techniques," not to mention rectal feeding and rectal rehydration, are not torture, two key corollaries being,
In contrast, you want some truth? How about:
- The next Republican president will probably torture; and
- Athletes have every right to stand up for justice, while all that police whining is self-defensive nonsense.
It's been one helluva year, eh?