Two people were killed and two wounded Monday in a shooting at a Nevada middle school, authorities said. A hospital said that it was treating two boys in critical condition with apparent gunshot wounds.
Police said that the suspect had been “neutralized.”
The two boys were being treated at Renown Regional Hospital, said Angela Rambo, a spokeswoman.
Police urged parents to stay away from the school. They told the parents to go to a nearby school to pick up their children. KRNV, the NBC affiliate in Reno, reported that the school had been cleared, citing officials on the scene.
A police dispatcher told The Associated Press that the call came in at 7:16 a.m.
By Susie Madrak — October 21, 2013