[oldembed src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xqn66IRzmUw" width="425" height="239" resize="1" fid="21"]
Just some stories that may have escaped your notice this week:
- R.I.P. Aaron Swartz, 26. He changed our lives in ways you don't even realize. And our government helped push him over the edge.
- Oh, goody. Once again, Paul Ryan's fetal personhood bill makes it possible for rapists to sue victims to keep them from having abortions.
- We have a national flu epidemic, but I've seen more urgent coverage about a three-inch snowstorm.
- Why are so many Jesus-y extremists actually secret perverts?
- Wall Street never, ever really pays for its sins.
- "Barack Obama is one of the most ideological presidents we've ever had." Discuss!
- So it was the DEA who bought those hookers for the Secret Service.
- Mayor Bloomberg wants to cut off painkillers for the poor. Yes, there is a problem with junkies. There is also a problem with people in pain who use the ER as their primary source of medical care.
- I thought North Carolina was the sane(r) one.
- Twenty dead kids continue to be a terrible inconvenience to the NRA lifestyle.
- Ed Rendell as mayor of New York City? I'm not seeing it.