We do a lot of sittin' and bitchin' around here, but now it's time to get off our butts and onto the phones, where we can make an actual difference. Imagine how good it will feel if a Democrat wins by ten votes, and you can say to yourself, "I helped do that!"
One of the things we talk about behind the scenes at C&L is how depressing it is to read about politics all the time. The best treatment for that is action.
No excuses now, just do it. And please, share on your Facebook page!
MoveOn.org needs people up to make calls for key Senate races.
You don't even have to think, just sit on your couch with your laptop or iPad and they not only tell you who to call, they tell you what to say. You don't even have to dial: You download a program that does it for you! You don't even need a phone, just broadband.
This is pure GOTV -- you're not arguing with people about how they're voting, you're calling Democrats to get them to vote in these key Senate races:
- Michigan to help elect Gary Peters.
- South Dakota to help elect Rick Weiland.
- Colorado to help elect Mark Udall.
- North Carolina to help elect Kay Hagan.
- Iowa to help elect Bruce Braley.
- Kentucky to defeat Mitch McConnell.
Democracy for America needs callers to help elect the Dean Dozen.
In the 2012 cycle, DFA members made 913,270 calls to voters in key areas. They're building on the success of that program to make sure that this year we can:
- Help hold the Senate with real progressive values - in places like Alaska, Iowa, Oregon, Maine and more.
- Defeat the wave of anti-women and anti-worker laws coming from state Republicans by flipping key state legislatures and Governors’ seats in places like New Hampshire, Iowa, Michigan, and Texas.
- Build the pipeline of progressive rockstars, from Secretary of State candidate Nina Turner in Ohio to Mike Honda, progressive House champion from California.
Here's where you sign up, folks. Just do it!
Don't have broadband? Go phonebank with fellow Dems in key areas, get free pizza and make new friends:
Google your county and 2014 GOTV for volunteer opportunities near you.