Third-grade teacher Evelyn Pollins challenged her students to submit questions they have about the upcoming election, and their answers are heartbreaking.
Her original tweet:
Rather than post each tweet where she posted their questions, I just copied them here as a list. (DT refers to Donald Trump)
- Can DT make his own laws?
- Will DT block anyone from coming here or leaving?
- Is DT going to start a world war?
- Will Hillary Clinton break down the wall if DT builds one?
- Can we elect Obama again?
- Will DT bring back slavery?
- Will DT send everyone with dark skin to another country?
- Will DT send all the Muslim people to another country?
- Will DT build a wall tall enough that airplanes can't fly over it?
- Will DT build a wall between Mexico and here?
- Will Donald Trump send all the Mexican people back to Mexico?
In case you were wondering what the kids are picking up from this election, Pollins' students leave little doubt. This is what months and months of racist rhetoric does to kids. It makes them afraid.
I'll give Pollins the last word.
And yes, they should all be debate questions.