Charles Krauthammer, Friday:
The decision to go to war was made by a war cabinet consisting of George Bush, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld. No one in that room could even remotely be considered a neoconservative.
Key participants in the Project for the New American Century and their positions in the Bush administration at the start of the war in Iraq:
- Richard Cheney, Vice-President
- Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
- Paul Wolfowitz, Deputy Secretary of Defense
- Peter Rodman, Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs
- Richard Armitage, Deputy Secretary of State
- John Bolton, Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security
- Elliot Abrams, Senior Director for Near East, Southwest Asian, and North African Affairs, National Security Council
- James Woolsey, former Director of Central Intelligence; member Defense Policy Board
- Lewis Libby, Chief of Staff, Office of the Vice-President
Whaddaya say, Charles, are PNAC leaders neocons?